Opening: Access Construction Coordinator
|Position title:||Access Constriction Coordinator|
|Department:||Vegetation & Access Construction|
|Reports To:||Access Construction Lead|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
Scope and Major Responsibilities
Under day-to-day direction from the Lead of Access Construction, assist in the oversight of the field operations of the VELCO Access Management program for the successful execution of access construction, including obtaining town or state permits as needed, timber matting scheduling and tracking, rock drilling, and other pre and post line construction activities to ensure that work is performed in accordance with the project goals, schedules, and budgets. Represent the company in the interactions with stakeholders, including state and federal regulatory staff and landowners. Assist in the development of schedules and budgets to support all aspects of access management including maintenance and capital construction efforts. Provide reports to supervisor on the status of work efforts. This role includes both field and office work responsibilities
- Assist in supervising contractor staff and contractors to ensure the successful performance of work in accordance with project plans, permits, and company requirements.
- Obtain town or state access permits as needed.
- Be familiar with and follow all VELCO safety and environmental rules. Ensure that access construction activity is being performed in compliance with the VELCO safety policies, and OSHA standards.
- Develop work plans, cost plan, and schedules.
- Scope, plan, coordinate and manage work necessary to support the goals of the team and the company.
- Assist in the development of systems and tools necessary for the success of the team and the company as a whole.
- Participate on project teams in alignment with company core behaviors.
- Actively support the company’s strategic initiatives in support of the company’s mission and vision.
- Represent VELCO with stakeholders, including landowners, and respond to complaints.
- Play an active role in the management of the company’s construction mat assets, including their tracking, use, and inventory management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The description above reflects the most specific duties performed but does not exclude the occasional work assignments not mentioned.
- A minimum of Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental, Construction Management, or other related field. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Professional licenses or certification or similar is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with utility infrastructure, or similar construction programs.
- Knowledge of utility infrastructure projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with GIS systems, mapping programs, and construction drawings.
- Understanding of environmental requirements associated with access management.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of access management practices, including pre- and post- line construction activities.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to scope, plan, budget and execute access management work.
- Must be able to withstand periods of sitting or standing at a desk while working on a computer.
- Must be able to access VELCO’s facilities, which include transmission lines that extend across variable and often difficult terrain in all weather conditions.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate an ATV/UTV.
- Must be able to maintain fast pace while completing complex work, with competing priorities, within tight timelines.
- This position requires travel throughout the state of Vermont, which includes some overnight travel, and work outside normal working hours.
VELCO is an equal opportunity employer.