Opening: Compliance Analyst
|Position title:||Compliance Analyst|
|Reports To:||Compliance Manager|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
Scope and Major Responsibilities
The Analyst plays a key role in VELCO’s reliability standard compliance program, functioning as an internal expert on Federal and Regional electric system reliability standards including: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC), New England Independent System Operator (ISO-NE), the State of Vermont, and other agencies. The Analyst leads projects coordinating compliance activities across VELCO to identify and implement systematic process improvements, coordinates regulatory audit preparation activities, provides standards training, and represents the company with regulators and industry groups.
- Functions as an internal expert for NERC standards, controls and best practices including the self-auditing of both the NERC Reliability and Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards.
- In coordination with the Subject Matter Experts (SME), develops and maintains supporting compliance strategies, processes, procedures, and documentation evidence.
- Leads functional teams or projects to coordinate FERC/NERC and other compliance activities across VELCO, including identifying and implementing systematic process improvements.
- Coordinates regulatory audit preparation activities across VELCO to ensure that potential non-compliance issues are identified and corrected.
- Conducts internal assessments, identifies, documents and implements process improvements focused on ensuring programmatic conformance and regulatory compliance. Identifies risks/weaknesses and takes action to eliminate and/or mitigate the impacts of potential risks.
- Works with administrators, SMEs, and other employees supporting the development, coordination and enhancement of internal controls to support VELCO-wide compliance obligations.
- Monitors developing industry activities in preparation for future compliance related obligations. Initiates development of reliability compliance policies and procedures and supports SMEs in their updates/enhancements to meet new standard requirements on or before enforcement dates.
- Represents VELCO during compliance audits, spot checks, and investigations.
- Identifies and develops training for employees on applicable compliance obligations and their roles and responsibilities.
- Tracks and monitors all obligations and reporting requirements.
- Supports, develops and leads software tracking program to enhance the overall compliance program.
- Reviews and analyzes internal incidents and alleged violations to determine the accuracy and completeness of the report.
- Represents the VELCO compliance team on various internal and regional committees, task forces, and industry groups. Attends workshops, reviews, seminars, and training on a regular basis.
- Participates on key initiatives within the company and acts as a point of contact between VELCO departments and the VELCO compliance team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The description above reflects the most specific duties performed but does not exclude the occasional work assignments not mentioned.
VELCO is an equal opportunity employer.