|Position Title:||Facilities Technician|
|Reports To:||Supervisor of Facilities|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
Scope and Major Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, the Facilities Technician is responsible for general maintenance at all VELCO facilities (corporate office and substations) and is also responsible to help ensure that the building systems operate efficiently.
- Perform general maintenance at all VELCO facilities. General maintenance includes planned and emergency maintenance and associated scheduling and record keeping of such items as security systems, computer controlled HVAC systems, facility fire alarm systems, UPS systems and emergency generators. Also included are repair work to roofs, plumbing, septic and metal buildings, as well as painting, carpentry, partition rearrangement, snow removal and general facilities upkeep.
- Serve as contact for employees and respond to any facility issues, including but not limited to climate control, odors, spills, damages, etc.
- Assist the Supervisor of Facilities by coordinating and supervising outside contractors and/or other vendors for maintenance of VELCO facilities, as required.
- Monitor contractor performance and work closely with outside contractors and/or vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Support the maintenance of building security and immediately respond to building emergencies.
- Assist the Supervisor of Facilities in preparing an annual, fiscally-responsible budget.
- Support the development of bids and requests for proposals, and actively participate in the evaluation of contractors and/or vendors.
- Actively participate in office organization; furniture, employee and equipment moves.
- Closely support other field personnel such as Substation Maintenance and System Protection staff.
- May also be required to assist Inventory warehouse personnel in receiving and delivery of materials.
- Maintain an awareness of and comply with all company safety and OSHA requirements such as forklift training, use of personal protective equipment, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Facilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
An Associate’s degree in Facilities Management, Mechanical Technology or other technical degree is preferred though will consider applicants with relevant work experience and/or other similar educational disciplines. A journeyman’s license is highly desired.
The candidate will be a self-starter, able to set priorities, work independently and make decisions when necessary. S/he must demonstrate computer literacy and the ability to learn additional programs as necessary, including the budget process and system. The Facilities Technician will have the ability to oversee and direct contracted resources, as applicable.
S/he will have a basic knowledge of HVAC systems, fire protection systems, electrical awareness and understanding of the high voltage environment. The Facilities Technician’s role is physically demanding and requires manual labor. In addition, s/he must possess the skills to use hand and power tools. This role will also require the ability to safely operate a fork lift and snow removal equipment.
The Facilities Technician will live within 30 minutes of Rutland, carry a pager and respond readily to off-duty calls. S/he will have a valid Vermont Commercial Driver’s Class B License or the ability to attain and maintain. The candidate may be required to work overtime, including overnight travel.
The description above reflects the most specific duties performed but does not exclude the occasional work assignments not mentioned.
If you are interested and believe that you have the qualifications, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter, or send same to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to VELCO HR, 366 Pinnacle Ridge Road, Rutland, VT 05701.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply—VELCO is an equal opportunity employer.