Opening: Project Manager
|Position title:||Project Manager|
|Reports To:||Manager, Project Management|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
Scope and Major Responsibilities
Manages the successful execution of projects in accordance with the project scope schedule and budget. Plans, budgets, documents, oversees and leads various projects from conception through completion. Represents the company in the interaction with stakeholders, including state and federal regulatory staff, members of the public, landowners, and distribution utility staff. Provide reports to management, as well as the VELCO Board of Directors on the status of project efforts.
- Lead project planning sessions.
- Coordinate internal and external resources.
- Manage project progress and adapt work as required.
- Ensure projects meet deadlines.
- Manage project costs according to budgets.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders.
- Manage the development of bidding documents including Requests for Proposals, evaluations and internal Challenge Board requests.
- Develop, sign off and oversee contracts for both materials and services.
- Develop outage schedules when necessary.
- Monitor the performance of staff and contractors to ensure the successful performance of work in accordance with project plans and company requirements.
- Develop work plans and schedules to effectively manage resources necessary for the execution of projects.
- Develop annual capital budgets and update quarterly forecasts for all assigned projects.
- Provide written and oral testimony during the application and formal proceedings necessary to receive a Certificate of Public Good under VT Section 248.
- Develop commissioning plans and execution according to established processes.
- Participate on strategic teams in alignment with company core behaviors.
- Actively support the company’s strategic initiatives in support of the company’s mission and vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The description above reflects the most specific duties performed but does not exclude the occasional work assignments not mentioned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or similar field is preferred.
- Relevant professional licenses are preferred.
- The Project Manager will typically have at least 3 years of experience with utility infrastructure projects, personnel management, and budgeting.
- Further experience will vary depending on focus in either Information Technology or electrical substation design/construction:
- Experience working with software development and other IT based projects, interfacing with project stakeholders and the development teams
- Experience managing multiple concurrent IT projects
- Working knowledge of IT platforms and service delivery
- PMI certification, Agile and scrum methodology experience preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft suite.
- Strong understanding of project management practices as well as utility infrastructure projects.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to scope, plan, budget and execute work.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel to various project sites.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
VELCO is an equal opportunity employer.