Internship: Environmental & Safety
|Position title:||Internship: Environmental & Safety|
|Reports To:||Manager, Environmental & Fleet|
|Salary Range:||$15 per hour|
Who VELCO is
VELCO’s core responsibility is to operate a safe and reliable electric transmission system. How we fulfil that responsibility changes regularly with the evolution of the system we operate and the dynamic demands of the customers we serve. These conditions require that VELCO remain unshakably focused on operational excellence today while anticipating the capabilities we will need to thrive tomorrow.
Interns at VELCO are a trusted partner excited to help us realize our Vision to create a sustainable Vermont through our people, assets, relationships and operating model. Our interns are innately committed to fulfilling our Mission to serve as a Trusted Partner by passionately living our TRUST values (Treating each other with respect; Responding with urgency; Unconditionally supporting one another; Sharing information; and Thinking outside the box).
Why you should join our team
As VELCO’s Environmental and Safety intern, you will be responsible for developing an asset management tool consisting of a database and GIS data layers to be incorporated into our GIS mapping environment, assisting with greenhouse gas record keeping and data management, drafting greenhouse gas reduction plans, and supporting overall sustainability and environmental efforts. This Internship will provide valuable experience in the environmental and safety field.
How you will make an impact
- Support in developing the Field Safety Application by performing data entry functions for the Safety manual
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Completion of daily tailboard
- Support administrative duties of the Safety department, including safety audit program and data entry for safety training records
- Ability to drive safely to various locations across the state
- Proficient at computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn other computer programs/applications as needed
- Communicate well and be able to switch between various tasks & assignments
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be familiar with AutoCad and/or ESRI GIS based software
- VELCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is our commitment that no person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Affirmative Action is VELCO’s effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.