Vermont Electric Power Company is performing pole replacements on our Essex-Milton transmission line. As part of this work, VELCO is replacing a structure in close proximity to VT Route 15 - Pearl Street. To support this work, there will be changes to the traffic pattern on VT Route-15/Pearl Street, in Essex, in the area between Susie Wilson Road and the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds.
Needs and benefits
The safety and reliability of Vermont’s electric transmission system depends on effective maintenance of VELCO’s electric transmission structures to ensure they can continue to serve Vermont’s energy needs. We must periodically replace or upgrade aging and damaged infrastructure to continue to deliver the safe and reliable power that is essential to our homes, businesses, and communities.
In order to safely complete this work, a new, temporary traffic pattern on VT-Route 15/Pearl Street – between Susie Wilson Road and the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds – will be configured to guide traffic into a temporary lane and allow east bound traffic to continue around the work site. After the project is completed, VT-Route 15/Pearl Street will be restored to its normal traffic configuration. See photos below for more detail.
- Week of May 3: Construction begins to remove section of VT Route-15/Pearl Street median in support of creating temporary lane.
- Week of May 10: General preparation and drilling holes for new poles
- Week of May 17: Pole replacements
- Week of May 24: VT Route-15/Pearl Street restoration
- Week of May 31: VT Route-15/Pearl Street normal traffic pattern resumes
Please contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 802-353-9346.