First Responder Utility Safety
Energy emergency information for first responders
We support first responders and other emergency personnel response to fires and other emergencies involving electric utility lines and facilities. Firefighters, police and EMTs are typically the first on the scene in an emergency, and therefore face the greatest risk when responding to emergencies where electric utility lines and facilities are involved. This site provides safety guidance and training resources to emergency services personnel to mitigate those risks and ensure best practices are implemented during an emergency.
- VELCO offers in-person training to individual first responder teams. Please contact us here to find out more information.
- Procedures for first responders
- Safety near transmission lines
- VELCO Safety Manual
- Emergency Planning & Community Right to Know Act (SERA report)
- Vermont Emergency Management
- Find your distribution utility
- Vermont Fire Academy