An internship at VELCO provides learning opportunities to college students who are interested in careers in power or electric utility engineering, environmental management and other related fields. It is also an opportunity for VELCO to work with and assess students’ knowledge, skills and potential for future employment.One of the most rewarding ways to jumpstart your career is to gain a hands-on experience in a professional and reputable company... a company like VELCO, one of the best places to work in Vermont and a leader in New England’s utility industry.
We are committed to providing opportunities to students with careers goals and aspirations in the electric utility arena.
What we offer
- A paid position that matches skills and academic field of study with VELCO’s business needs.
- An appropriate level of challenge that will allow you to apply your course of study and be part of our dynamic and collaborative working environment.
- Partner with employees who serve as a resource for answering questions about the organization and department. Attend meetings with your partner or mentor to stay up to date on progress.
- Be introduced to VELCO’s philosophy and core competencies by attending company-wide events.
To be eligible
- You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university.
- You must submit a letter of intent and résumé to the Human Resources Department.
- If you are selected as a candidate, you will undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening.
VELCO’S internship program is a 8 to 10 week opportunity that typically begins in June and ends in August.
How to apply
Please send your materials to careersREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@velco.com and include the word internship in the subject line. Indicate your area of interest, such as environmental management, engineering, accounting, or IT. You will be notified by Human Resources if you are an internship candidate.