An internship at VELCO provides learning opportunities to college students who are interested in careers in power or electric utility engineering, environmental management, technology, telecommunications, and other related fields. It is also an opportunity for VELCO to strengthen students’ knowledge, skills, and potential for future employment. One of the most rewarding ways to jumpstart your career is to gain a hands-on experience in a welcoming company like VELCO, one of the best places to work in Vermont and a leader in New England’s utility industry.
What we offer
- A paid position that matches skills and academic field of study with VELCO’s business needs.
- An appropriate level of challenge that will allow you to apply your course of study and be part of our dynamic and collaborative working environment.
- Partner with employees who serve as partners and mentors.
- Attend meetings with your partner or mentor to stay up-to-date on progress.
- Be introduced to VELCO’s Mission, Vision, and Values by attending company-wide events.
To be eligible
- You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university.
- You must submit a letter of intent and résumé to the Human Resources Department.
- If you are selected as a candidate, you will undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening.
VELCO’S internship program is an 8 to 10 week opportunity that typically begins in June and ends in August.
How to apply
Available internships are shared on our current openings page. Internships for the summer typically get posted between March and April. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.