At VELCO we foster a stimulating and dynamic culture. We encourage and support all of our employees to engage in...
- Teamwork and collaboration through strong commitment to themselves and their colleagues
- Open and transparent communication by building constructive relationships
- The drive for accountability and achievement of results through monitoring and analyzing process and progress
- High performance by adapting to new challenges
- A commitment to personal improvement, learning from mistakes and knowing personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limitations
More reasons to consider a career at VELCO
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive, market-driven salaries
- Annual incentive (bonus) compensation plan
- Retirement plan
A health care package that includes medical, dental, behavioral health, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off (holiday, vacation, and sick)
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and development opportunities
- Health & wellness. Some recent examples include:
- Workplace stretching program
- The opportunity to buy fresh, local farm products through community-supported agriculture delivered to the workplace
- Transparency in coverage
A greener future
We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint and protecting the environment. We have installed solar panels at VELCO headquarters, replaced 90% of our exterior light with LED lighting, replaced our HVAC system and boilers with models that are more energy efficient. Several of these projects were subsidized by Efficiency Vermont. We have also installed a new SCADA system, which has decreased our power consumption by 15%.
In 2005 we had just over 90 employees; today we employ nearly 150 people. As a result of this growth we have begun refurbishing our buildings to enhance collaboration and creativity among our employees and create a more environmentally efficient work space.
VELCO is dedicated to giving back to the community. We support organizations that promote the growth and development of youth, environmental awareness, and overall community support.
VELCO is a Corporate Partner with the Mentor Connector. VELCO employees have also worked with the Boys and Girls Club by preparing a luncheon for the members and sat on the board that selects one child for the Boys and Girls Club Scholarship. We also give charitable donations to organizations like Girls on the Run, local baseball leagues and Odyssey of the Mind.
The VELCO employees have implemented recycling and energy saving systems at VELCO like zero-sort recycling, office supplies recycling system, and closed-loop recycling.
Our employees also volunteer to be a part of events like Green Up Day and Arbor Day. Through our annual golf tournament, we raise money to support an organization of our choice. Pine Hill Park in Rutland, VT, was chosen one year to receive the donations. They used the donation to purchase a motorized wheelbarrow.
VELCO partners with local organizations in order to support the community. We support the Paramount Theatre every year by sponsoring one of their performances. We then invite all VELCO employees and their families to attend the show. Other organizations VELCO has supported are the Chaffee Art Center, the United Way of Rutland County and Relay for Life. We also hold annual food and clothing drives and participate in adopt-a-family.